Senior quarterback Chris Odom threw for two touchdowns and ran for another to lead Severna Park to a 26-21 road win last night over previously undefeated North County in an Anne Arundel County 4A matchup.
Odom completed 10 of 18 passes for 200 yards and two touchdowns, one on an 87-yard throw to junior Arthur Friday, another on an eight-yard toss to senior Dan Seger. Odom also found the end zone himself, sneaking in from the Knights' one-yard line in the fourth quarter to secure the win.
Severna Park (6-1 overall, 4-0 league) also got a big game offensively from senior running back Derek Dixon, who had 32 carries for 198 yards and one touchdown.
The Knights fell to 6-1, 4-1.
* GAITHERSBURG 12, SHERWOOD 7: Ian Hamilton's fourth-quarter touchdown pass to Ron Frazier rallied the Trojans over visiting Sherwood in a Montgomery County 4A game.
After Eddie Beccles scored to give the Warriors a 7-6 fourth-quarter lead, Hamilton, who finished with 162 yards on 7-of-15 passing, led the Trojans (7-0 overall, 7-0 league) downfield before throwing a game-winning, 42-yard touchdown pass to Frazier.
In the battle between two of Montgomery County's top running backs, Gaithersburg's Jay Colbert had 20 carries for 198 yards; Beccles ran for 93 yards on 14 carries. Beccles also caught 14 passes for 72 yards for Sherwood (4-3, 4-3).
* ZANESVILLE (OHIO) 28, DUNBAR 26: James Lynch returned an interception for a touchdown and rushed for another, but Dunbar fell in Ohio.
Dunbar, which led 14-7 at the half, gave up two third-quarter touchdowns and couldn't recover, despite Steven Savoy's late touchdown to close the gap.
Lynch finished with 107 yards on 14 carries for Dunbar (4-3-1). Quarterback Michael Coles completed 13 of 19 passes for 135 yards and a touchdown.
* GEORGETOWN PREP 42, RICHARD MONTGOMERY 7: Running back Marcus Mason had nine carries for 95 yards and one touchdown to lead the Interstate Athletic Conference school over the Rockets, who play in Montgomery County 3A. The Little Hoyas improved to 4-2; Richard Montgomery fell to 1-6.
* EASTERN 40, PHELPS 0: Lawrence Wade had four rushing touchdowns as the visiting Ramblers prevailed in a D.C. Interscholastic Athletic Association game.
Wade had 24 carries for 161 yards, and scored three of his touchdowns before halftime to lead Eastern (5-3 overall, 2-0 DCIAA). Phelps fell to 3-4, 1-1.
* H.D. WOODSON 50, SPINGARN 18: Senior quarterback Maurice Moore completed 8 of 13 passes for 152 yards and two touchdowns to lead the host Warriors (6-0, 2-0 DCIAA) over the Green Wave (1-5, 0-2).
* BETHESDA-CHEVY CHASE 20, POOLESVILLE 14: Running back Olayinka Adeboyeko rushed for 180 yards on 30 carries and scored three touchdowns to lead the visiting Barons.
With the Barons trailing 14-6 entering the fourth quarter, Adeboyeko scored on runs of 17 and two yards to give Bethesda-Chevy Chase (4-3 overall, 2-0 Montgomery 2A/1A) a win over the Indians (2-5, 2-1).
* WATKINS MILL 21, CHURCHILL 3: Running backs Chris Jews (two touchdowns) and B.J. Jacobs (one score) carried the Wolverines (6-1 overall, 5-1 Montgomery 4A) at Churchill (4-3, 3-3).