Virginia scored 15 points before Hampton got off a shot last night and had the game's first 20 points in a 102-56 victory.
The visiting Cavaliers (6-3) led 33-5 after less than seven minutes and by at least 35 throughout the second half after taking a 59-23 lead into the break.
Chris Williams led Virginia with 18 points in 17 minutes and Donald Hand and Adam Hall each scored 15 points. The Cavaliers shot 54.3 percent to Hampton's 28.8 percent, outrebounded the Pirates (0-4) 55-37 and forced 20 turnovers.
Tommy Adams led Hampton with 14 points and Mackel Purvis had 13.
Fifteen Cavaliers played and 12 of them scored.
* TENNESSEE 78, MIDDLE TENNESSEE 77: Tony Harris scored 23 points, including two three-pointers in the final two minutes, for the No. 16 Volunteers (8-0).
Harris's three-pointers put the host Volunteers (8-0) up 78-73 with 1:37 remaining. The Blue Raiders (2-3) were able to pull within 78-77 on a layup by Ron McKnight with 34 seconds left.
The win extends Tennessee's home nonconference winning streak to 27 games, dating from a 1996 loss to Tennessee Tech.
* INDIANA 106, BUFFALO 55: A.J. Guyton had 22 points for the No. 15 Hoosiers in the first round of the 26th annual Indiana Classic.
The host Hoosiers (6-0) will face the North Texas-Indiana State winner in today's championship game.
Alexei Vasiliev had 13 points and Louis Campbell added 11 for Buffalo (2-5).
* American vs. Jacksonville, 2
* George Mason vs. Rider at UMBC's Conference Challenge, 5
* George Washington vs. Siena, 7:30
* Maryland vs. Kentucky, 9
* Virginia Tech vs. Liberty, 2
* Others: Bowie State at Kutztown, 4; Catholic at Western Maryland, 3; Gallaudet vs. Washington (Md.), 4; Marymount vs. Shenandoah, 7; UDC vs. Virginia State, 2; Montgomery-Germantown vs. Frederick, 5; Montgomery-Rockville vs. Essex, 7; Montgomery-Takoma Park vs. Dundalk, 7
* George Mason vs. Duquesne, 7
* Georgetown vs. Long Island, 4
* George Washington at La Salle, 1
* Maryland vs. Robert Morris, 2
* Others: Gallaudet at Roberts Wesleyan, 7; Marymount at Moravian, 3; UDC at Virginia Union, 6