Brian Boucher's first NHL shutout came as no surprise to high-scoring Philadelphia teammate John LeClair.
Boucher made 29 saves and LeClair scored two goals last night as the Flyers beat the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning, 4-0, to extend the NHL's longest current home unbeaten string to 11 games (10-0-1).
"Boucher had a strong game, but he's been playing well for us all year," said LeClair, who leads the Flyers with 18 goals.
Ulf Samuelsson and Mark Bureau also scored for Philadelphia, 19-5-3 following a franchise-worst 0-5-1 start. Captain Eric Lindros returned after missing two games because of a bruised left hand. He had two assists.
Boucher stopped a flurry of shots late in the first period, and made a glove save on Robert Petrovicky's close-range shot in the second.
"With every game, I've gotten real comfortable," the rookie said. "I've gotten to know the guys a little more and have been able to be myself."
* BLUES 4, BRUINS 0: In St. Louis, Roman Turek blocked 25 shots for his fourth career shutout and Scott Young scored twice to help the Blues improve to 4-0-2 against Boston since Nov. 18, 1995. Al MacInnis scored on a power play at 16 minutes 45 seconds of the first period to give the Blues a 1-0 lead. Young made it 2-0 at 9:59 of the second period.
MacInnis added two assists.
* STARS 4, CANUCKS 2: Kirk Muller, playing his first game of the season, scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period for visiting Dallas. Mike Modano had two goals and two assists as the Stars improved to 8-2-1 in their last 11 games. Muller, in his 16th NHL season, went unsigned after playing out his contract with the Florida Panthers last season. He signed with Dallas through the end of the season on Wednesday.
* MAPLE LEAFS 2, CANADIENS 1: Sergei Berezin scored on a snap shot from the slot with 3:42 remaining as Toronto won at home. Berezin, who has 12 goals this season, took a backhand pass from Mike Johnson and beat goalie Jeff Hackett between the legs.
Curtis Joseph made 21 saves for the Maple Leafs.
* PANTHERS 5, PENGUINS 2: Pavel Bure scored his fourth and fifth goals in two nights as Florida ended host Pittsburgh's four-game winning streak under new coach Herb Brooks.
Jaroslav Spacek had a goal and two assists for Florida and Mikhail Shtalenkov stopped 25 shots to win his third in a row.
* FLAMES 2, SENATORS 1: Fred Brathwaite made 35 saves and Hnat Domenichelli had a goal and an assist to help Calgary notch its fifth straight home victory. Brathwaite has given up just one goal in each of his last three games.
* ISLANDERS 2, SABRES 2: In Uniondale, N.Y., Niklas Andersson, recalled from the minors Friday, had a goal and an assist to help New York tie Buffalo. Curtis Brown and Jason Woolley scored for the Sabres.
* HURRICANES 4, THRASHERS 2: Gary Roberts, Robert Kron and Ron Francis scored second-period goals as Carolina rallied at home. Atlanta, which led 2-0 less than six minutes into the game, dropped its seventh straight.
* AVALANCHE 2, PREDATORS 2: With goalie Mike Dunham off for a sixth attacker, Sergei Krivokrasov beat Marc Denis with 37.8 seconds left as host Nashville gained a tie.
* BLACKHAWKS 8, KINGS 4: In Los Angeles, Jean-Pierre Dumont scored twice and Chicago got goals from six other players. The Kings, who trailed 4-1 after one period, got two goals from Craig Johnson.