Patriots 33, Bears 30

Tom Brady and New England pulled off one of the Patriots' greatest comebacks today.

Brady connected with David Patten on a 20-yard touchdown pass with 21 seconds remaining -- on a play that was upheld by video review -- as the Patriots overcame a 21-point second-half deficit to stun the Chicago Bears, 33-30.

"When you're down three touchdowns in the third quarter, it shows what kind of fight you have," Brady said.

The Bears' seventh straight loss is one they will not soon forget. Twice in the final minute, video replays did not go their way in a wild and disheartening finish.

Chicago (2-7) took a 30-19 lead with 5 minutes 22 seconds left on Paul Edinger's 32-yard field goal, and the Bears thought they had stopped New England's final drive when defensive lineman Bryan Robinson stepped in front of Brady's pass with just under a minute left for an apparent interception.

However, Robinson juggled the ball as he was going down before losing it. Officials initially ruled that he had intercepted the pass and fumbled before teammate Rosevelt Colvin recovered.

Officials reviewed the play and said Robinson never had possession, resulting in an incomplete pass. That gave the Patriots one final chance with a fourth down at the Bears 30 with 54 seconds to go.

New England (5-4) was out of timeouts, but Brady (36 of 55, 328 yards) ran three yards on fourth down to keep the drive going.

On second down, Brady eluded a sack and shoveled a pass to Kevin Faulk for a seven-yard gain. On third and three from the Bears 20, Brady found Patten in the back of the end zone. Patten had a step on defensive back R.W. McQuarters and caught the pass.

Officials called a touchdown, but reviewed the play. They upheld the ruling on the field, saying that Patten had his right foot down and was able to drag his left foot in the end zone before going out of bounds.

The Patriots had narrowed the deficit to 30-25 with 2:46 left when Brady threw a 36-yard touchdown pass to Faulk. Brian Urlacher tackled Faulk on an attempted two-point run.

The Bears punted and the Patriots began their game-winning 56-yard drive with 1:50 left.

New England's Adam Vinatieri kicked four field goals, including a team-record 57-yarder in the second quarter.