Mattias Johansson and Chris Clark had a goal and an assist each on the power play and Roman Turek made 29 saves, leading the visiting Calgary Flames to a 2-1 victory last night over the Vancouver Canucks.

The Flames, playing without the injured Jarome Iginla for the first time in two years, remained unbeaten (2-0-1) since Al MacNeil took over for fired coach Greg Gilbert on an interim basis.

Calgary had lost 11 of 12 games before the coaching switch.

Artem Chubarov scored for the Canucks, who have lost two straight games and three of four since a 10-game winning streak was snapped last week.

Vancouver outshot the Flames 30-15, but couldn't t beat Turek, who has given up one goal in all three games since the coaching change.

At the other end Calgary's 27th-ranked power play capitalized on two of seven chances against a Canucks penalty-killing unit ranked second in the NHL.

* COYOTES 3, BLUE JACKETS 3: In Phoenix, Branko Radivojevic scored midway through the third period to help the Coyotes gain a tie after trailing 2-0 and 3-2.

Marc Denis made 20 of his 38 saves in the third period and overtime for Columbus, outshot 41-22. The Blue Jackets killed six of seven Phoenix power plays, including one 5-on-3 advantage.

The game was played in front of 9,639, the smallest home crowd for the Coyotes since the franchise moved from Winnipeg in 1996. The Coyotes have won just one of their last 11 overall and are winless in their last nine games at home.

Columbus withstood a Phoenix power play in the final 2 minutes 19 seconds of overtime.

Phoenix had three goals waved off, two because the referee had blown the whistle just before the puck went into the net. The last occurred at 3:47 of overtime, when Shane Doan's deflection was waved off because the official believed that Denis had trapped the puck.

Geoff Sanderson gave Columbus a 1-0 lead in the first period and Rick Nash scored in the second period to make it 2-0.

Daymond Langkow and Mike Johnson scored goals for Phoenix in a 1:08 span of the second period, before Columbus regained the lead late in the period on a goal by Jaroslav Spacek.