Bonzi Wells of the Trail Blazers drew a two-game suspension from the NBA tonight for fighting at the end of the Portland-Golden State game in Oakland, Calif., on Friday night, and teammate Rasheed Wallace was fined $15,000 for attempting to go into the stands.

Wells's suspension began with Portland's home game tonight against Seattle. He also will miss next Friday's game against Utah.

Penalties for the Warriors who took part in the altercation were expected to be announced Sunday.

Wells was punished for throwing a punch at Chris Mills, who reportedly tried to get into the Blazers' locker room later but was restrained.

When the Blazers' bus tried to leave the arena, Mills parked his car in front of it, got out with several friends and challenged the Blazers, the Oregonian newspaper reported. The bus wasn't able to leave until Oakland police arrived to provide an escort.

The brawl started seconds after Wallace made a buzzer-beating jump shot to give Portland a 113-111 victory.

Wells and Mills were battling for position and were still tied up after Wallace's shot went through. As the two exchanged words and began pushing each other, the Warriors' Troy Murphy entered the fray and threw punches.

The situation was made worse by fans throwing wads of gum and plastic beer bottles at the Blazers as they headed for the locker room. One man was handcuffed and subdued by four security officers. He threw gum at Wallace, sparking another confrontation with several Blazers.

In November, Wells was suspended for one game by the NBA for spitting on San Antonio's Danny Ferry during a game.

Last month, Portland's Ruben Patterson was charged with assaulting his wife, less than a week after teammates Damon Stoudamire and Wallace were cited for marijuana possession after the vehicle they were riding in was stopped for speeding in southern Washington after a game in Seattle.

The case against Patterson was dropped because his wife declined to press charges.

Portland Coach Maurice Cheeks, right, restrains Rasheed Wallace during melee that broke out at end of Friday's game against Golden State in Oakland, Calif.