Tracy McGrady scored a career-high 52 points in three quarters and Drew Gooden added 22 points and 11 rebounds in his Orlando debut Friday night as the Magic defeated visiting Chicago, 110-96.
McGrady was 15 of 32 from the field and 16 for 20 from the foul line to eclipse the 50 points he scored last season against Washington. McGrady finished one point shy of the franchise record of 53 set by Shaquille O'Neal.
McGrady, who sat out the fourth quarter, also came up a point short of Allan Houston's NBA season-high of 53.
Gooden made 11 of 16 shots, and Orlando's other newcomer, Gordan Giricek, had 15 points. Orlando acquired Giricek and Gooden from Memphis on Wednesday for Mike Miller, Ryan Humphrey and future draft picks.
"I wanted to show my newcomers how I bring it every night," McGrady said.
McGrady dedicated his effort to his good friend Miller.
"This was for my boy," McGrady said, pausing before adding, "I've got to get over that."
Magic Coach Doc Rivers seemed to have moved on quicker than McGrady.
"I asked T-Mac after the game if he had any more friends," Rivers said, laughing. "If that's what he's gonna do every night, we're gonna trade 'em all."
* HORNETS 125, GRIZZLIES 123: Jamal Mashburn ended a 50-point performance by grabbing his own rebound and sinking a short jumper with one second left in overtime to lift host New Orleans.
In tying his career high and setting a franchise record for points in a game, Mashburn shot 17 of 33 and hit all 12 of his foul shots.
He hit a three-pointer in overtime to tie the game at 117 and a pair of free throws that gave New Orleans a 123-121 lead in the final minute.
Jason Williams tied the game at 123 with an off-balance layup before Mashburn's final shot. Memphis then inbounded along the sideline to three-point specialist Wesley Person, but his rushed shot from the corner was long.
* 76ERS 119, CAVALIERS 99: Allen Iverson matched a season-high with 41 points and visiting Philadelphia rolled to its fifth straight win.
"When he's rolling, you've got to get some defensive help against him," Cleveland's Ricky Davis said. "You've got to triple-team him if you have to and make somebody else beat you."
Iverson almost always has a big game against the Cavaliers, and he added another as the Sixers won their 15th straight against Cleveland. Iverson added six assists and four steals in 41 minutes.
"It's fun to play here," said Iverson, wearing a Cleveland Browns cap to complement his outfit. "The arena is so lit up. It's like L.A. when you come in here with all the bright lights."
* RAPTORS 92, SUNS 89: Antonio Davis had 22 points, including the final four of the game, as host Toronto beat struggling Phoenix.
Shawn Marion went 3 for 19 from the field and finished with eight points for the Suns, who have lost four of five since the all-star break.
Rookie Amare Stoudemire did not start for Phoenix because he violated an unspecified team rule. The power forward had 14 points and six rebounds in 23 minutes.
* SUPERSONICS 88, BUCKS 58: In Seattle, Brent Barry, replacing the departed Gary Payton at point guard, had a career-high 16 assists to go with 16 points as the SuperSonics beat Milwaukee.
Playing their first game since making their five-player trade that sent Payton to Milwaukee in exchange for Ray Allen, the Sonics had only eight players available and all of them contributed.
* LAKERS 92, TRAIL BLAZERS 84: Kobe Bryant hit a running jumper with nine seconds remaining to reach 40 points for the eighth consecutive game as Los Angeles won at home.
The last player to score 40 in as many consecutive games was Michael Jordan, who did it in nine straight in the 1986-87 season.
* TIMBERWOLVES 103, PISTONS 96: Kevin Garnett had 34 points and 16 rebounds as Minnesota set a franchise record with its 13th consecutive home win.
* MAVERICKS 100, ROCKETS 85: Dirk Nowitzki had 34 points and 11 rebounds and led a 14-2 second-quarter spurt as visiting Dallas completed a season sweep.
* WARRIORS 111, KNICKS 107: Antawn Jamison scored 31 points and hit the go-ahead shot with 55 seconds left, and Gilbert Arenas scored all 14 of his points in the final 61/2 minutes as Golden State won at home.