Kevin Garnett kept his Minnesota Timberwolves teammates calm before they started the overtime period. Then, he went out and helped lead them to victory.
Garnett had 24 points and 12 rebounds and finished two assists shy of his sixth triple-double of the season as the Timberwolves beat the host San Antonio Spurs, 101-94, in overtime Friday night. It was his 60th double-double of the season.
"We'll stay poised," Garnett told his teammates before overtime started. "Let's play this next five minutes. Don't take this as a negative. Let's just go out and play."
Anthony Peeler added 23 points, including a three-pointer early in overtime right after Garnett's go-ahead jumper. Troy Hudson had 15 and Wally Szczerbiak scored 14 for the Timberwolves, who moved a half-game behind Portland for the fourth playoff spot in the Western Conference.
* KNICKS 97, PISTONS 93: Latrell Sprewell scored 13 of his 22 points in the fourth quarter, including a clinching jumper from an extremely tough angle with 15 seconds remaining, as New York won at home.
With Corliss Williamson defending him tightly, Sprewell dribbled to his left toward the baseline and shot an off-balance 12-footer. Although he was actually shooting from behind the backboard, the ball dropped through for a four-point lead.
Allan Houston added 19 points -- only two in the fourth quarter -- and Othella Harrington had 14 to help the Knicks stay within reach of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
* HORNETS 113, BUCKS 98: Baron Davis and Jamal Mashburn each scored 22 points to lead New Orleans at home.
Davis scored 15 in the first half, including two breakaway dunks he started himself with steals near midcourt, as New Orleans built a 70-44 halftime lead that proved insurmountable.
* HAWKS 114, 76ERS 105: Glenn Robinson matched his season high with 37 points, and Shareef Abdur-Rahim scored 10 of his 22 in the final five minutes as visiting Atlanta snapped a three-game losing streak.
Dion Glover had 18 points, and Jason Terry added 17 for the Hawks, who made 33 of 37 free throws and improved to 3-0 against the 76ers this season.
"Last time, we caught them in a downward spiral," Hawks Coach Terry Stotts said. "This win tonight means more because they've been the hottest team since the [all-star] break."
Allen Iverson scored 25 points and had a season-high 12 assists for Philadelphia, but shot just 9 of 27 from the field.
* LAKERS 104, CELTICS 96: Shaquille O'Neal scored 48 points on 19-of-24 shooting and had 20 rebounds as Los Angeles won at home.
The win was the Lakers' first over the Celtics in their last four meetings.
Overpowering Boston's Tony Battie and Mark Blount in the middle, the 7-foot-1, 340-pound O'Neal scored many of his points by taking lob passes and stuffing the ball into the basket over the virtually helpless defender.
* MAGIC 109, CAVALIERS 85: In Orlando, Tracy McGrady scored 39 points in three quarters, and the Magic beat Cleveland for the fourth time this season.
McGrady scored 30 or more points for the 42nd time this season, and tied a team record with his eighth consecutive 30-plus game.
"I'm just in a great rhythm right now, playing at a high level, trying to maintain for the rest of the season," McGrady said.
* PACERS 101, GRIZZLIES 92: Jermaine O'Neal tied his career high with 38 points and grabbed 18 rebounds as Indiana rallied from a 19-point deficit to win at home.
Reggie Miller, who started the Pacers' comeback in the third quarter, added 14 points.
* HEAT 107, RAPTORS 98: Rookie Caron Butler scored 22 points as Miami, at home, snapped a four-game losing streak.
The Heat got a season-high 53 points from its reserves, including 18 from Malik Allen.
* ROCKETS 117, WARRIORS 107: Steve Francis had 13 points, 12 assists and 11 rebounds and all five starters scored in double figures for host Houston.
Yao Ming had 23 points, 14 rebounds, 4 blocks and 5 turnovers for Houston, which has never lost at The Arena in Oakland. The Rockets are 12-0 in the building and swept the Warriors in three meetings this season.
* SONICS 101, NUGGETS 99: Ray Allen scored 38 points as Seattle earned an overtime victory at home.