The Virginia AAA boys' and girls' soccer semifinals Friday produced 14 goals, 50 overtime minutes, 2 penalty-kick shootouts, 1 two-hour weather delay and, after 11 hours 20 minutes, 4 Northern Region winners. Here's a look at how it unfolded at Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Va.

1 p.m.: The teams kick off in muggy, sweltering conditions.

1:33: W.T. Woodson forward Crystal Thune scores the first goal of the day.

1:36: North Stafford's Ann Marie Latess quickly ties the game at 1 for the Wolverines.

2:08: W.T. Woodson defender Mary Raviea saves a seemingly sure goal, clearing the ball off the line as she crashes shoulder-first into the post. Raviea leaves the game.

2:11: Raviea returns to action.

2:30: Regulation play ends with a 1-1 tie.

3:10: The second overtime period ends. Still no winner.

3:20: Penalty kicks begin with W.T. Woodson's Claire Zimmeck, who sat out overtime because of heat exhaustion. She slots her try into the right side of the goal.

3:27: Goalkeeper Maria Mohammed (below, with sister Marissa) keeps North Stafford alive with a save in the fifth and final round. Mohammed had made eight brilliant saves in regulation and overtime.

3:28: The final North Stafford shooter sends her kick wide.

Final: W.T. Woodson 1, North Stafford 1

(W.T. Woodson wins on penalty kicks, 4-3)

3:35: After a brief team meeting, eight W.T. Woodson players scramble toward the exits to drive back to Fairfax for their school's prom.

3:45: Kick off.

4:11: Lizzie Brewster puts Centreville up, 1-0.

4:30: On a breakaway, Katy Lange takes Mills Godwin's only shot on goal of the first half. It goes in, and the game is tied at 1 just 30 seconds from halftime.

4:52: The referee shows Centreville's Morgan Benz a red card for unsporting conduct.

4:54: Mills Godwin's Liz Kiernen is also booked with a red card for a tackle from behind, leaving each side to play the remainder of the game with 10 players.

4:56: Centreville forward Emily Jukich gives her team a 2-1 edge with a right-footed blast from the top of the penalty area.

5:20: Regulation play ends and Centreville is through to the final. It will be the only match of the day that does not go to overtime.

Final: Centreville 2, Mills Godwin 1

6:00: Play begins as the dark clouds roll in and the temperature starts to drop.

6:11: Sean Bolger gives Clover Hill a 1-0 lead.

6:29: West Springfield's Victor Rivas ties the game in the 28th minute and starts a flurry of goals.

6:29: The Spartans go ahead 2-1 on Maurcio Sanjines' goal less than a minute later.

6:30: Clover Hill's Justin Grove levels the game again.

6:35: David Stannard scores for the Cavaliers on a free kick six minutes before halftime, capping a run of four goals in six minutes. Clover Hill leads 3-2.

6:40: In Fairfax, the prom-bound W.T. Woodson soccer players arrive at home. They have a little more than an hour to prepare for the dance and pictures.

7:22: West Springfield continues to dominate second-half play and, with about eight minutes to play, Spartans junior Juan Pabon-Gomez ties the game at 3.

7:30: Regulation ends at 3-3.

7:40: West Springfield's Nick Wagonhurst is taken down in the penalty box. Initially a goal kick was called, but after conferring with an assistant on the sideline, the center ref awards the Spartans a penalty kick. Pabon-Gomez converts it midway through the 10-minute extra period.

7:47: The game ends and West Springfield moves on to its third state final in four years.

Final: West Springfield 4, Clover Hill 3

8:05: Minutes into the warm-ups for the final game of the evening between Langley and Thomas Dale, the teams and spectators are asked to clear the field because of rain and lightning in the area.

9:00: In Fairfax, W.T. Woodson's prom begins.

9:30: Despite continued lightning and rain, officials decide that Langley and Thomas Dale can kick off in a half hour.

10:00: The game begins with rain still pounding the field.

10:29: Thomas Dale takes a 1-0 lead on a Langley own goal.

10:58: Eric Fisher responds by scoring for Langley in the 46th minute.

11:35: Regulation play ends tied at 1, producing the third overtime in four games.

12:00 a.m.: Saturday begins. Yes, they're still playing. Yes, it's still raining.

12:10: Penalty kicks begin.

12:18: After five shooters, the teams are knotted at 4. More penalty kicks.

12:20: After Thomas Dale's sixth shooter hits the crossbar, Langley's Brysen Kreighbaun ends the game and the soccer marathon by putting his penalty kick past the keeper. In less than 20 hours, his team must face a West Springfield team that defeated the Saxons 6-0 in the Northern Region final.

Final: Langley 1, Thomas Dale 1

(Langley wins on penalty kicks, 5-4)

-- Compiled by Ashton Williams