First-round draft pick DeAngelo Hall will report to the Atlanta Falcons' training camp today after reaching terms on a contract that could include the largest signing bonus in franchise history.
General Manager Rich McKay and Hall's agent, Joel Segal, both confirmed the cornerback's six-day holdout ended late last night.
McKay and Segal both refused to comment on the principles of the deal, but a source familiar with the contract who requested anonymity indicated the NFL's No. 8 overall pick from Virginia Tech can expect between $12 million and $13 million in guaranteed money up front.
* DOLPHINS: Tailback Ricky Williams has filed retirement papers with the NFL and because of the rules governing the league's substance-abuse program, that essentially ensures Williams cannot play this season -- even if he wanted to return.
Retirement papers generally are not binding, but Williams, 27, has had three violations of the substance-abuse policy. The Dolphins were informed yesterday that the papers were filed on Williams's behalf last week with the NFL Management Council.
* BUCCANEERS: Pro Bowl defensive end Simeon Rice was cleared medically to practice after sitting out the first three days of training camp with an undisclosed illness.
Earlier in the day, General Manager Bruce Allen said Rice, 30, was placed on the active non-football illness list. He said the team was not permitted to release specific information about non-football related illnesses or injuries. . . .
Joe Jurevicius had a major setback in his bid to return from a serious knee injury when it was revealed the wide receiver needs surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back.
Jurevicius, one of the key parts of the Bucs' Super Bowl run in 2002, missed most of last season after tearing his right medial collateral ligament Sept. 14 against Carolina.
* COWBOYS: Former Packers general manager Ron Wolf, ousted from his consulting job with the Browns during the offseason, is serving as a consultant to the Cowboys in training camp.
* TITANS: Linebacker Peter Sirmon twisted his left knee yesterday during the Titans' first training camp session in full pads, and Coach Jeff Fisher said he would have a precautionary MRI.
Rookie cornerback Michael Waddell also bruised a shoulder.
* PATRIOTS: Defensive lineman Rodney Bailey is out for the season after undergoing surgery on his torn Achilles' tendon.
Also, New England released tackle Jack Fadule.