Barry Bonds hit a three-run shot for his 694th homer, but Chipper Jones's two-run drive helped the Braves beat the San Francisco Giants, 5-3, Friday night in Atlanta for their fifth straight victory.
Jaret Wright set a career high with his 13th win. Wright (13-6) also drove in the go-ahead run with a sixth-inning bunt.
Wright, who was 12-10 with Cleveland in 1998, had not won in double figures again before emerging as a surprising strength in the Braves' rotation.
* CARDINALS 8, PIRATES 5: Jim Edmonds hit a pair of two-run homers and matched a career high with five RBI, leading St. Louis in Pittsburgh. Edmonds hit a two-run homer in the first inning and added another two-run shot in the third off Ryan Vogelsong (4-11) as St. Louis beat the Pirates for the fifth consecutive time.
* EXPOS 10, PADRES 3: Brad Wilkerson homered and had three RBI, and Tony Batista hit a two-run homer, leading Montreal at home.
Scott Downs (2-4) allowed eight hits and three runs in seven innings to help end San Diego's four-game winning streak. Recalled from Class AAA Edmonton on Thursday, he was making his sixth start of the season.
* MARLINS 3, ROCKIES 0: In Miami, Ismael Valdez allowed just four hits before leaving in the seventh inning because of an Achilles' injury, and Luis Castillo hit an RBI single to lead Florida.
After dropping two of three against the Giants in a matchup of NL wild-card contenders, the Marlins rebounded to win for the fourth time in six games.
Castillo hit his run-scoring single in the second off Joe Kennedy, who started while he awaits a hearing on his appeal of a five-game suspension stemming from a scuffle on Aug. 15 with Pittsburgh's Jason Kendall.
* PHILLIES 6, BREWERS 1: Vicente Padilla pitched seven shutout innings for his first win in more than three months and host Philadelphia sent Milwaukee to its ninth straight loss.
The Phillies snapped a seven-game home losing streak. They scored all their runs with two outs in the fifth inning, keyed by two-run singles from Bobby Abreu and David Bell.
* ASTROS 15, CUBS 7: Carlos Beltran had another big day at Wrigley Field, hitting two home runs to lead Houston over Kerry Wood. Beltran finished with four hits, and he has homered in five consecutive games.
In two series at Wrigley Field since coming over from Kansas City in June, Beltran is 11 for 21 with seven homers and 11 RBI in five games.
* METS 9, DODGERS 2: Gerald Williams singled twice in a six-run first inning, and host New York broke out of its offensive funk and ended a five-game losing streak.
Tom Glavine had an RBI single during the early burst and coasted to his 260th career win. Dodgers starter Wilson Alvarez came out in the second inning with a bruised left forearm after being struck by Cliff Floyd's hard one-hopper.
* DIAMONDBACKS 4, REDS 3: Alex Cintron hit an RBI single with one out in the 11th inning, lifting Arizona on the road.
Andy Green tripled off the right field wall with one out against Joe Valentine (1-3). After Quinton McCracken walked, Cintron hit a soft liner to center. Brian Bruney (3-3) allowed one hit in the 10th for the win.