* Records: Connecticut 18-16, Washington 17-17.
* Schedule: Game 1, today at MCI Center, noon; Game 2, Monday at Connecticut, 7 p.m.; Game 3*, Wednesday at Connecticut, TBA.
* TV: Today, Oxygen; Mon., NBA TV; Wed. TBA.
* Radio: WWRC-1260.
* Coaches: Mystics: Michael Adams (17-17, .500); Sun: Mike Thibault (36-32, .529).
* Regular Season: Sun won three of four: 72-63 on June 4, 75-65 on June 20, 78-69 on June 30; Mystics won, 69-68, on July 30.
* What to Look For: Both teams will try to establish themselves in the low post. The Sun goes to two powerful front-line players in Taj McWilliams-Franklin (12.1 points, 7.2 rebounds) and Wendy Palmer (9 points and 5.5 rebounds); the Mystics have their own inside muscle in center Nakia Sanford (5.5 points and 5 rebounds) and former Cleveland Rockers forward Chasity Melvin (8.6 points, 3.9 rebounds). Both teams will turn to creative players for offense -- the Sun to Nykesha Sales (15.2 ppg) and the Mystics to Alana Beard (13.1 ppg; 22.5 ppg in the team's final six games).
* Starting Lineups: Connecticut: G Katie Douglas, G Lindsay Whalen, F Wendy Palmer, F Nykesha Sales, C Taj McWilliams-Franklin. Washington: G Alana Beard, G Stacey Dales-Schuman, F Murriel Page, F Chasity Melvin, C Nakia Sanford.
* Keys for Mystics: Washington must clamp down on Douglas, the Sun's leading three-point shooter, and limit Connecticut's second-shot attempts. On offense, the Mystics have to get Melvin shots near the basket and get her into the game early.
* Keys for Sun: Connecticut has to prevent Beard from getting open looks at the basket and from penetrating inside. The Sun can wear Beard down if their shooters are making shots and forcing the Mystics' rookie to expend herself on both ends of the court.
* Series Turns On: The Mystics rejuvenated bench, especially Coco Miller and Tamicha Jackson.
-- Greg Sandoval
* If necessary