A Missouri football player who died after collapsing at the end of a voluntary preseason workout wasn't immediately taken to the hospital across the street but instead driven to the team offices, a university police report shows.

Aaron O'Neal, 19, was "in full cardiac arrest" by the time campus police officer Clayton Henke and University Hospital paramedics arrived at the Tom Taylor Building on July 12, Henke wrote in a police report obtained by the Associated Press under Missouri's public records law.

"He was brought to our door in the back of a pickup from afternoon workouts," athletic trainer Greg Nagel told emergency dispatchers in a 911 call from the Taylor Building, according to a copy of the call obtained by the AP. "We need someone here in a hurry."

Henke was sent to the scene at 3:24 p.m., 15 minutes after Nagel's call to 911.

O'Neal was pronounced dead at the hospital at 4:05 p.m. O'Neal, 6-foot-3 and 220 pounds, started to struggle about 45 minutes into the conditioning drills.

He was taken to the Taylor Building rather than the hospital "so that O'Neal could be seen by staff members," Henke wrote.

While the final report remains incomplete, the county's deputy medical examiner said the circumstances surrounding O'Neal's death require systematic changes to the way workouts are conducted and monitored.

"You don't have to be a rocket scientist to say . . . the rational thing would have been to stop and examine him," Eddie Adelstein said.

* SOCCER: English club Millwall and the Iranian national team have called off a game scheduled for Saturday because of fears Muslim fans could be attacked.

Iran, which has qualified for the 2006 Olympics, lost the first match of its tour of England on Sunday, 3-0 to QPR, and is to play Premier League team Portsmouth on Aug. 6. In 2004, the Football Association fined Millwall $43,600 because of racist behavior by club fans.

* PRO FOOTBALL: Tight end Heath Miller, the Pittsburgh Steelers' first-round pick, has signed with the team. Miller, who played at Virginia, was the 30th player taken in April's NFL draft. . . .

Running back Shaun Alexander signed the Seattle Seahawks' $6.32 million tender as their franchise player, avoiding a possible training camp holdout.

* WNBA: Michelle Snow's jumper with three-tenths of a second left capped Houston's 15-point second-half comeback in a 71-69 win against the host New York Liberty.

-- From News Services