Terrell Owens left the Philadelphia Eagles' morning practice in Bethlehem, Pa., yesterday and did not return for the team's afternoon session after injuring his left groin.
During the morning practice, Owens walked to the medical tent before being carted off the field. His official status was not immediately released.
Earlier, Owens made a pair of long receptions, including a tough juggling catch in which he grabbed the ball while he was on the ground and then spiked it behind his head. After his second catch, Owens tossed the ball into the crowd.
The disgruntled wide receiver is still hoping the Eagles will restructure his contract. Owens is just beginning the second year of a seven-year deal worth just under $49 million.
* BRONCOS: Defensive lineman Courtney Brown dislocated his left elbow, a setback that is expected to keep him out three to six weeks and adds yet another to a long list of injuries that have hampered his career.
Brown was injured toward the end of a play during a practice that was moved indoors because of rain.
Coach Mike Shanahan said X-rays showed no breaks.
* PANTHERS: Safety Mike Minter was taken off the practice field with his left knee wrapped heavily in ice following the afternoon practice.
Carolina Coach John Fox said Minter sprained his knee, but said the extent of the injury will not be known until later, possibly today.
* 49ERS: Starting left tackle Jonas Jennings will undergo surgery today to repair a broken right index finger. He'll be out six to eight days.
Rookie Patrick Estes took Jennings's place with the first team and broke a bone in his left hand during the morning practice. Estes's injury will not require surgery and he'll be able to practice.
* BROWNS: Cornerback Daylon McCutcheon missed another practice because of migraine headaches, and running back Reuben Droughns sat out with a pulled hamstring.
McCutcheon has not been able to get on the field for workouts because of the headaches, which were bothering him before camp. Coach Romeo Crennel is unsure how long McCutcheon will be out.
* COLTS: Wide receiver Brandon Stokley dislocated his left shoulder during practice for the American Bowl in Japan and could be sidelined up to four weeks.
* MOVES: The Seattle Seahawks traded cornerback Kris Richard to the Miami Dolphins for defensive end Ronald Flemons. Richard spent his first three seasons in Seattle as a backup and special teams player.
Flemons has played in six games over four seasons with Atlanta and Miami.