New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning has been listed as probable for Sunday's opener against the Arizona Cardinals.
Manning sprained his right elbow in a preseason game against Carolina on Aug. 20 and resumed practicing Tuesday. He said yesterday that he felt no pain in the elbow after Tuesday's workout and was able to complete yesterday's practice with no problems.
Starting cornerback William Peterson and linebacker Barrett Green were listed as questionable for Sunday with knee injuries. Peterson sprained a medial collateral ligament midway through training camp, and Green is recovering from anterior cruciate ligament surgery. Wide receiver Jamaar Taylor was also listed as questionable with a groin injury.
Also, veteran receiver and punt returner Troy Walters was re-signed, two days after he was released to make room for another player on the team's 53-man roster.
* BROWNS: Cornerback Gary Baxter and running back Lee Suggs were listed as doubtful on Cleveland's first injury report of the season, another sign they may miss the opener against Cincinnati. Baxter hasn't practiced since suffering a concussion in an Aug. 20 exhibition against Detroit. Suggs has been sidelined since suffering a high ankle sprain in practice on Aug. 17.
* BRONCOS: Denver signed free agent wide receiver David Terrell to bolster a thin unit. Terrell, a fifth-year player, was released by New England on Saturday after signing with the team on April 5. He was a first-round draft choice of the Chicago Bears and eighth overall in 2001.
* DOLPHINS: Offensive lineman John St. Clair was released and free agent cornerback Kiwaukee Thomas was signed. St. Clair started 14 games at tackle last season, but slipped to a backup role at guard during the preseason under new coach Nick Saban. Thomas was released last week by the Jacksonville Jaguars after five seasons with them. Rookie fullback Kyle Eckel (Naval Academy) was placed on Miami's reserve-military list after being called up by the Navy.
* BILLS: Starting right guard Chris Villarrial twisted his ankle in practice and his status is uncertain for the season opener against Houston on Sunday.
* JETS: Offensive tackle Scott Gragg was signed and Marko Cavka was placed on injured reserve with a broken arm. The Jets also waived guard Isaac Snell, an undrafted rookie out of North Dakota State.
* BUCCANEERS: Kick returner Mark Jones was signed and rookie wide receiver Larry Brackins was released.