Dawn Chriss had 12 points and 12 rebounds and Brittany Cook added 11 points last night as Virginia Tech improved to 5-0 with a 79-59 victory over Evansville in Blacksburg, Va.
The Hokies built a 34-22 halftime lead against the Aces (1-4) and put the game away by shooting 58 percent in the second half.
Eight players scored at least seven points for Virginia Tech. Megan Liffick led Evansville with 20 points.
* MOUNT ST. MARY'S 80, NAVY 72: Samira Rashid had 19 points and nine assists to lead the Mountaineers (1-2) over the visiting Midshipmen (3-2). Carly Meyer had 24 points, 12 rebounds and 5 assists for Navy.
* RUTGERS 73, BETHUNE-COOKMAN 48: Michelle Campbell scored 18 points and Cappie Pondexter added 16 as the No. 6 Scarlet Knights (3-0) shot 64 percent at home.
* NORTH CAROLINA 83, UNC ASHEVILLE 43: Erlana Larkins scored 13 points in 23 minutes and Ivory Latta had 11 points and nine assists to help the No. 7 Tar Heels at home.
North Carolina (5-0) led 42-25 at halftime and closed the game with a 24-7 run over the final 12 minutes. LaToya Pringle added 13 points in just 13 minutes. With the game in hand, only Latta and Larkins played more than 20 minutes.
* NOTRE DAME 74, IONA 55: Megan Duffy scored 13 of her 21 points during a decisive 16-4 run early in the second half, pacing the 11th-ranked Fighting Irish at home.
The Irish (5-0) led by 12 in the first half, but the Gaels (2-1) scored the first two baskets of the second half to cut the lead to 36-32. Duffy, who shot just 2 of 10 in the first half, hit a three-pointer early in the second half to get the Irish and herself going.
* TEMPLE 60, MD.-EASTERN SHORE 53: Candice Dupree scored 17 points and contributed seven rebounds for the No. 18 Owls on the road. Lady Comfort and Khadija Bowens each grabbed eight rebounds for Temple (6-0). Kristi Veltkamp contributed 17 points and nine rebounds for the Hawks (1-2).
* PURDUE 95, ARKANSAS STATE 58: Katie Gearlds scored 17 points and Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton 16 to spark the No. 22 Boilermakers' home victory.
Erin Lawless had 15 points, Sharika Webb added 11 and Natasha Bodganova grabbed 13 rebounds for Purdue (3-1). Rudy Sims led Arkansas State (3-2) with 14 points.