All four acting trophies wound up with the artists who dominated throughout this award season: leads Joaquin Phoenix and Renée Zellweger for “Joker” and “Judy,” respectively, and supporting acts Brad Pitt and Laura Dern for “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” and “Marriage Story.”
Keep reading for a more thorough look at how the night unfolded.
- “Parasite” dominates, winning best picture and best international feature as Bong Joon-ho wins best director and Bong and Han Jin-won win best original screenplay
- Renée Zellweger wins best actress for “Judy”; Joaquin Phoenix wins best actor for “Joker”
- Brad Pitt wins best supporting actor for “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”; Laura Dern wins best supporting actress for “Marriage Story.”
- Taika Waititi wins best adapted screenplay for “Jojo Rabbit”
- “Toy Story 4” wins best animated feature film
- Elton John and Bernie Taupin win for best original song for “(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again” from “Rocketman”
- Matthew Cherry wins best animated short film for “Hair Love.” Cherry, a former NFL player, is the second professional athlete to win an Oscar, following the late Kobe Bryant’s win for “Dear Basketball” in 2018.
- Barack and Michelle Obama-produced “American Factory” wins best documentary feature