On Christmas morning we know it’s going to be hard to compete with whatever Santa — or “Santa” — leaves under the tree for your family. That being said, nothing will complete the picture of joy better than a great breakfast. Here are some hearty, decadent options from our Recipe Finder:
• Baked French Toast With Strawberry Sauce. You’ll never go for frozen strawberries in syrup again once you try this sauce.
• Cinnamon Sugar Pancakes. Customize these pancakes with the fruit of your choice.
• Coca-Cola Biscuits. You won’t know why you’re addicted to these, but you will be.
• Ginger and Almond Scones. Feed a crowd easily if you scale up this foolproof recipe.
• Granny's Christmas Coffee Cake. One family’s beloved recipe could become a favorite of yours too.
• New Orleans Black Muffins. Dark blackstrap molasses is crucial for these moist muffins.
• Waffles of Many Flours and Meals. Don’t be daunted by the ingredient list. The variety is worth it.
What’s your family’s traditional Christmas breakfast? Tell us in the comments below.
More from our Holiday Guide: