● Vegan Green Bean Casserole . For vegans, the condensed soup ingredient in most casseroles can be a challenge. Adapted by Nancy Kiffer from a recipe on FatFreeVegan.com, this version calls for non-dairy butter substitute and soy milk.
● Best-Ever Green Beans Amandine With Leek Chips . The leek chips in this recipe can be made up to a week in advance, and are also good for snacking on during the day of the big feast.
● Green Beans With Lemon Vinaigrette . Gluten-free; made tangy with lemon juice and zest.
● Green Beans With Roasted Garlic . A simple preparation with garlic and cumin.
● Fresh Green Beans . A classic from Julia Child, these can be cooked in advance.
● Green Bean Salad . Haricot verts, treated to a basil vinaigrette, Gorgonzola cheese and bacon.
● Green Beans With Applewood Smoked Bacon, Brown Sugar and Caramelized Shallots . Slightly sweet, from White House chef Cristeta Comerford.
● Green Beans With Figs and Walnuts . Dried fruit that has been rehydrated can be used here.
● Sauteed String Beans With Garlic and Preserved Lemon . Caramelized on the outside, tender on the inside.