The latest in food news, ideas and philosophy, just in time for your lunch break.
* Schneider’s of Capitol Hill is seeking a license to grow cannabis. (City Paper)
* World’s top chefs bid adieu to El Bulli. (Daily Telegraph)
* Man pays $117,000 for a bottle of wine. (WSJ)
* Irradiation can curb foodborne illnesses, but do we really want irradiated food? (Big Think)
* An analysis of David Chang’s new food mag. (NY Times)
* Thomas Keller is opening a French Laundry pop-up at Harrods, part of an American invasion of London. (Evening Standard)