Sugar cookies: Two wonderful words put together to create something even more enticing. These sweet treats are emblematic of the holiday season, whether shaped into snowflakes or Santas, menorahs or mittens. But there’s also your basic round variety and even less fussy drop cookies that require no rolling. Here’s a variety of sugar cookies to suit nearly every taste, as collected from our Recipe Finder:
• Crispy Vanilla-Spice Sugar Cookies. Sugar, spice and, yes, everything nice. And you don’t have to roll them.
• Flooded Butter Cookies. Pastry chef Tiffany MacIsaac shared with us this recipe that starts with chilled butter.
• Heather Chittum's Sugar Cookies. The dough for this cookie can be refrigerated overnight if you’re working in stages.
• Holiday Sugar Cookies. Stock up on butter for this recipe.
• Key Lime Sugar Cookies. It may be cold outside, but you can have a taste of the tropics with these tart confections.
• Linda Brooks's Best-Tasting Sugar Cookies. If you’re baking for a crowd, this recipe is easily scaled up.
• Maggie Austin Signature Cookies. Show your family pride in monogram form.
• Soft Amish-Style Sugar Cookies. Buttermilk offers a unique twist on the classic.
• Sugar Cookie Tree. Impress your guests with this edible project.
And if you’re feeling really creative, follow Gail Dosik’s instructions to make beautiful cookie trees.
What’s your favorite sugar cookie recipe? Tell us in the comments below.
See our Holiday Guide for more recipes and gift ideas.