Today: Mostly cloudy & humid. Scattered showers and storms. Mid-to-upper 80s. | Tonight: 50% chance of showers and storms. Low-to-mid-70s. | Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy & humid. Scattered showers and storms. Low-to-mid 80s. | A Look Ahead | Get Express Forecast by E-mail


Today (Sunday): As the moisture content increases, so does the cloud cover. A good term to describe today might be “juicy.” Skies are mostly cloudy and with little wind to speak of, the tropical air just feels heavy. A 30% chance of morning showers grows to a 70% chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms. Any storms will be capable of putting down a lot of rain in a hurry. Highs are cooler than yesterday but still warm - in the mid-to-upper 80s. Confidence: Medium-High

Tonight: Coverage and intensity of thunderstorms may decrease after dark, but chances are still up there around 50%. Other than that, it’s cloudy and muggy, with lows in the mid-70s. Confidence: Medium-High

For related traffic news, check out Dr. Gridlock. Keep reading for the forecast through midweek...

Tomorrow (Labor Day): Not the greatest of Labor Day forecasts as the remains of Isaac and a warm front in the area conspire for another 70% chance of showers and storms with more heavy rain possible. Now, at this point I wouldn’t recommend cancelling your BBQ outright, but it’s probably a good idea to have an indoor plan at the ready. We’re still dealing with plenty of clouds as highs reach the low-to-mid 80s. Confidence: Medium

Tomorrow night: Much like tonight, showers and storms should decrease, but we still hold onto a 50% chance of them through the night. We’re mild and muggy in this tropical air mass, with lows again in the low-to-mid 70s. Confidence: Medium


As Isaac’s remains interact with a stalled front, more of the same is in the forecast through midweek. That means at least a 50/50 chance for showers and thunderstorms Tuesday through Wednesday. Daytime highs reach the mid-to-upper 80s under partly to mostly cloudy skies with overnight lows in the low-to-mid 70s. Confidence: Medium