- Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are picking up the tab for the funeral of late blues guitar great Hubert Sumlin.
- Coldplay ’s “Mylo Xyloto” tour will bring the band to D.C.’s Verizon Center on July 8. Tickets go on sale next Saturday, Dec. 17.
- It turns out Forever 21 will sell their version of a Flipper t-shirt made to look like the one Kurt Cobain wore during the height of Nirvana-mania. Christmas is saved for your 15-year-old grunge nephew!
- Over on The Root, Natalie Hopkinson explains why she's shutting off local hip-hop stations WPGC and WKYS in her home.
- New York DJ Jonathan Toubin is in critical condition after a freak accident in which he was run over by a taxi that crashed into his ground floor hotel room in Portland, Ore. Toubin is best known for his New York Night Train parties, which he has brought to D.C. for many sweat-filled nights.
- In today’s Weekend section, young Mexican singer-songwriter Ximena Sarinana is profiled before her performance at Rams Head Tavern on Saturday. Also reviewed are albums by: young, promising local star Chelsea Lee (at Jammin’ Java on Wednesday); country star Rodney Atkins (at Patriot Center on Saturday); banjo hotshot Noam Pikelny (at Iota on Sunday); local indie rock stalwarts the Jet Age (at Comet Ping Pong tonight); and vintage British blues-rockers Savoy Brown (at Rams Head Tavern tonight).
Watch: Ty Segall, “Where Your Head Goes”