- Michael Todd, bassist for neo-prog rockers Coheedand Cambria, was arrested for armed robbery in Massachusetts over the weekend. Before the band was scheduled to open for Soundgarden, Todd allegedly used a bomb threat to steal six bottles of Oxycontin from a Walgreens pharmacy.
- Michael “Würzel” Burston, a former guitarist for English metal lords Motorhead, passed away at the age of 61. Burston was arguably the most noted sidekick to take the stage next to the band’s iconic frontman Ian “Lemmy” Kilmister over the band’s long career.
- Rihanna’s Friday night concert in Dallas was cut short when a pyrotechnics mishap caused the arena to be evacuated.
- Want to see shaky, amateur cell phone video of Derek Jeter’s 3,000th hit? What if I told you it was filmed by Jay-Z ?
- What’s the best-selling album of the 2011 so far on vinyl? The Beatles’ “Abbey Road,”of course.
- You saw the FreeFest lineup announcement. It’s right below this post! But in case you missed it, here it is. More on the lineup later today.
Clicky shuffle: Your random song for Monday morning:
- Talking Heads, “Found a Job”