- Coldplay was on “Jimmy Kimmel” last night and played two new (but not unheard) songs, “Charlie Brown” and “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall.”
- After its magical location-aware album, “The National Mall,” local experimental duo Bluebrain has its sights set on an even bigger space — New York’s Central Park. The group’s second location-aware album will be available in the iTunes app store on Oct. 4.
- Tonight is the final Fort Reno show of the year, featuring the Evens and Laughing Man. The City Paper published an oral history of the beloved, free concert series. It should keep you busy until tonight’s 7:15 p.m. start time.
- What’s the lifespan of an indie ”scandal”? Approximately 12 hours. Yesterday morning Pitchfork posted an interview with indie-electro oddball John Maus . He said many ridiculous things. Including that he was glad record stores are dying. Angry tweets were tweeted. Memes were created. Then last night Maus signed up for Twitter, posted an apology and we all got on with our lives.
Clicky shuffle: Your random song for Thursday morning:
- Benoit & Sergio, “Everybody”