- Lady Gaga will appear on an episode of the “The Simpsons,” this fall. She joins a list of musical guest stars far too long to list, although that won’t stop us from linking to the Ramones’ classic spot way back in the day.
- Top-notch reissue label Numero Group has taken issue with Jay-Z and Kanye West — more particularly their label, Island Def Jam — for an uncleared sample of soul cult favorite Syl Johnson.
- Liam Gallagher has dropped his lawsuit against brother Noel, relating to the breakup of Oasis, which was pretty confusing in the first place.
- CMJ Music Festival, the annual gathering of hundreds of indie-ish bands in New York (which honestly makes it pretty much like any other weekend) announced its first batch of bands for this year’s festitivites, which run Oct. 18-22. Highlights include Wild Flag, Dum Dum Girls, Eleanor Friedberger and D.C.’s own U.S. Royalty .
Clicky shuffle: Your random song for Wednesday morning:
- The Free Design, “An Elegy”