Fire investigators say the blaze that killed a father and his two young daughters in Glenarden on Thursday morning was sparked accidentally by an electrical appliance, though they are running tests to determine more specifically how it happened, authorities said.

Mark Brady, a Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department spokesman, said investigators are certain that the blaze at the home in the 8600 block of Leslie Avenue was “electrical, and they just have to do a few more tests to make sure the appliance they’re looking at is the cause.” He said they had ruled out that it was sparked by a smart meter.

Also Friday, fire officials identified those killed in the fire as 8-year-old Tania Monae Jeanita Price, 4-year-old Patrice Price and the girls’ father, 36-year-old Darrell Terrance Price Jr. They said Tania’s 8-year-old twin, an 11-year-old girl and the girls’ 33-year-old mother had survived the blaze, though the 11-year-old remained in critical condition at a hospital Friday. Fire officials said her chances of recovering were “not favorable.”

Neighbors and officials familiar with the case identified the survivors as Daijah Nya-Tashawn Price, 11, Tamia Jonae Jean Price, 8, and their mother, Teresa Price, 33.

The fire broke out at the one-story brick home about 4 a.m., and neighbors described a chaotic scene. Tamia and her mother escaped through a window, and the older girl ran to a neighbor’s house, banging on the door for help. The mother, one neighbor said, stood outside the home crying, “My babies! Please, Lord, save my babies!”

The incident brought to eight the number of fire-related deaths in Prince George’s this year, compared to 10 in all of 2012. The fire caused $100,000 in damage, authorities said.