BALTIMORE — A Baltimore jury is set to hear closing arguments in the federal stun-gun death trial of a former Frederick County sheriff’s deputy.

The parents of 20-year-old Jarrell Gray are seeking $145 million for what they claim was an excessive use of force against their son in November 2007. The trial resumes Tuesday.

A defense expert witness testified Monday that Gray was actively resisting arrest after the first shock left him lying face-down and unresponsive, but still breathing.

He said former Cpl. Rudy Torres correctly delivered a second jolt because he didn’t know if Gray was still conscious or concealing a weapon. None was found.

The plaintiffs’ expert witness testified last week that Torres wasn’t justified in shocking Gray. He said Gray was exhibiting passive resistance and wasn’t an immediate threat.

Read more: The Post’s criminal justice coverage