A 35-year-old man was electrocuted outside a Centreville home Monday when a ladder he was moving came in contact with a power line, Fairfax County police said.

The accident occurred in the 14400 block of Tracy Shar Lane, police said. First responders found the man lying on the the ground outside the home shortly after 1 p.m. and he was transported to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later, police said.

Police were withholding the man’s name Monday evening, pending the notification of next of kin. He was a Springfield resident.