STAUNTON, Va. — A judge has dismissed a $200 million lawsuit filed against Staunton by a man wrongfully accused in the 1967 slayings of two women at an ice cream parlor.

Chief U.S. District Court Judge Glen Conrad says in a decision issued last week that there are no facts to support William Thomas Jr.’s claims that city officials conspired to violate his rights.

Thomas was acquitted in 1968 of one of the slayings. In 2008, the city threw out a second charge when a dying woman confessed to the slayings and said a city police detective knew she shot both women.

The News Leader reported Conrad’s ruling in Tuesday’s editions. Thomas told the newspaper he hadn’t yet seen the decision and couldn’t comment.