The Washington Post

Pr. George’s firefighters rescue four from Bowie home

Prince George’s County firefighters rescued a woman and three children from a burning house in Bowie Friday, helping them down on ladders from the second floor of the home, authorities said.

The fire broke out on the first floor of a single-family home in the 14100 block of Pleasant View Drive about 4 a.m., authorities said. A man inside the home was able to escape, but smoke soon filled the rooms and hallways, and firefighters had to help a woman and three female children down from the second floor, said Mark Brady, a Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department spokesman.

The woman and children suffered smoke inhalation and were taken to a hospital in good condition, authorities said. Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, which is believed to have caused about $10,000 in damage, Brady said.

Investigators are still probing what sparked the fire, Brady said.


Matt Zapotosky covers the federal district courthouse in Alexandria, where he tries to break news from a windowless office in which he is not allowed to bring his cell phone.


Success! Check your inbox for details. You might also like:

Please enter a valid email address

See all newsletters

Show Comments
Most Read


Success! Check your inbox for details.

See all newsletters

Your Three. Video curated for you.