One of the six suspects in the August beating death and attempted dismemberment of a Southeast D.C. woman pleaded guilty Friday in D.C. Superior Court.

Cinthia Proctor, 19, pleaded guilty to second degree murder, kidnapping and conspiracy to commit evidence tampering in connection with the Aug. 10 beating death of Latisha M. Frazier, 18. Six people, ages 16 to 23, have been charged in Frazier’s death. Proctor faces a maximum sentence of life in prison and is scheduled to be sentenced by Judge William M. Jackson on Nov. 4.

According to charging documents, on Aug. 1, Proctor and the other suspects, including Johnnie Sweet, 17, Anneka Nelson, 16, Laurence Kamal Hassan, 23, Brian A. Gaither, 23, and Lanee Bell, 17, devised a plot to invite Frazier to an apartment in the 1700 block of Trenton Place SE to “teach her a lesson” because they suspected Frazier of stealing $900 from Sweet.

According to the documents: Sweet summoned his friends and asked Frazier to the apartment. When she arrived, Proctor and two other women hit her with their fists as Frazier cried for them to stop. Two of the men then stepped in and punched and kicked Frazier. The group decided to bind and tape Frazier and place her in a closet, where Frazier was left crying and bleeding, the documents said.

Later that day, the documents said, one of the suspects checked on Frazier and reported she was dead. Proctor and members of the group then decided to dismember the body, put it in a container and dispose of it in a park the next day. Proctor and others dragged Frazier’s body into a bathtub and tried to dismember it, but were unable to do so after Proctor became physically ill.

Proctor later went to a local hospital, leaving several of her friends to remove Frazier’s body, and according to court documents, placed it in a Dumpster behind Sweet’s apartment building. Frazier’s body or remains have not been located.

All six suspects were initially charged as adults with first-degree felony murder and other charges in Frazier’s slaying.