The Washington Post

Three people hospitalized after apartment fire in Southeast D.C.

An early morning fire at an apartment in Southeast D.C. has left three people hospitalized and others displaced from their homes, officials said Friday.

Police said the blaze broke out in the 1300 block of Alabama Avenue shortly after 4:30 a.m. The fire is believed to have been sparked in the kitchen of a second-floor unit of the three-story building.

Three residents are being treated for smoke inhalation at George Washington Hospital, officials said. The injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

Police said that several other residents will be displaced.

No other details were immediately available about the extent or cost of the damage caused by the fire.

The Freddie Gray case

Please provide a valid email address.

You’re all set!

Campaign 2016 Email Updates

Please provide a valid email address.

You’re all set!

Get Zika news by email

Please provide a valid email address.

You’re all set!
Comments
Show Comments
Most Read

local

Success! Check your inbox for details.

See all newsletters

Close video player
Now Playing