* I never saw a video last year, perhaps due to the lockout. In 2010, the video featured Larry Michael and Bruce Allen. In 2009, the video featured Larry Michael and Jim Zorn. Both years, some of my commenters said mean things about Larry Michael. This year’s video is narrated by a woman whose voice I don’t recognize. No Larry Michael.
* In both 2010 and 2009, the ad said prices started as low as $44 per game. This year’s offer says affordable seats with great views are “starting as low as $64 per game.”
* In 2010, the video mentioned the 200,000-person waiting list. In 2009, the video mentioned the 200,000-person waiting list. This year’s video describes it as a “limited offer,” and the accompanying e-mail says “Redskins fans wait years for this opportunity,” but a list is never mentioned, in either text or video.
* Reader Ryan, who sent me the video, told me that he’s been offered tickets “dozens of times over the last two or three years,” through e-mails and phone calls.
* Shanahan’s message: “Hi, I’m head coach Mike Shanahan. Thanks for your loyalty to the burgundy and gold. We invite you to join the team in 2012. Hail to the Redskins!”
* While previous e-mails have generically praised the great food and beverage choices, this e-mail gets specific: “Great food options including Ben’s Chili Bowl, the Greene Turtle, Johnny Rockets.”