In the top of the third inning of last night’s game with the Nats up 1-0, a paper product of some sort blew onto the field and got stuck on Danny Espinosa’s leg while he was at first.
“That’s a rally napkin,” F.P. Santangelo quipped.
Nine runs later, the Rally Napkin was validated. Step aside, Red Rally Balloon.
“I’ll tape Rally Napkins all over my body for nine [runs],” said Santangelo. After racking up another two runs by the sixth inning, Santangelo got started on his promise (pic below).
We’re adding this to the list of memes from the Nats Season of Fun. All that’s missing is the t-shirt. For now.
BECAUSE YOU DON’T READ THE PAPER...
* The Nats racked up 21 hits in their 12-5 rout of the Rockies.
* Adam Oates was hired as the new Caps coach and elected to the Hall of Fame on the same day. I hope he bought a lottery ticket last night.
* Boz says that you can learn a lot about Tiger Woods, if you just listen.
TWEET OF THE NIGHT
Pull up to the facility knowing I’m the first one here ready to get this work in see @rak98 car...c’mon man.....some people just want it— Tim Hightower (@Tim_Hightower) June 27, 2012
QUOTE OF THE NIGHT
Ovi on new coach Adam Oates:
“Any system that I played, I learn a lot. I’m an offensive guy, it’s no secret to nobody. I’m pretty excited and very happy to hear the Caps signed that kind of guy that likes offense.”
QUOTE OF THE NIGHT II
Davey Johnson on the Nats’ 21 hits:
“My hitting coach is a genius. What can I say?”
PHOTO OF THE DAY
PHOTO OF THE DAY II
F.P. Santangelo wearing his own Rally Napkin during the Nats broadcast...
WHAT TO WATCH TODAY
Angels at Orioles, 7 p.m. on MASN. Nats at Rockies, 8:30 p.m. on MASN2. All TV/Radio listings are here.
AWESOME THINGs OF THE DAY
* A l ittle league team of kids, coached by some slightly older kids, wins a district title. Someone get Disney on the line.
* Here’s 26 photos of athletes realizing that they’re going to the London Olympics.