[This post has been updated]
Amtrak has canceled some train service for Friday, Saturday and Sunday south of Washington due to Hurricane Irene.
The railroad said service along the Northeast Corridor between Washington and Boston is not affected, but that could change as the storm moves north.
Train cancellations include:
• Northeast Regional Trains 67 and 83, which operate between Boston and Newport News, will terminate in Washington.
Originating Friday, Saturday and Sunday
• The Auto Train, Trains 52 and 53, which operate between Sanford, Fla., and Lorton, Va.
• Silver Star Trains 91 and 92, which operate from New York to Tampa to Miami. The service will operate between Jacksonsville and Miami.
• Silver Meteor Trains 97 and 98, which operate between New York and Miami.
• Palmetto Train 89, which operates between New York and Savannah.
Originating Saturday and Sunday
• Carolinian Trains 79 and 80, which operate between New York and Cary, N.C.
• Palmetto Train 90, which operates between New York and Savannah.