If you’ve been putting off a trip to the District Department of Motor Vehicles, you might want to make sure you head there before the end of the month. Fees will go up on Saturday for a handful of transactions, including residential parking permits and temporary licenses.
Here are the services that will cost more beginning next month:
• Duplicate driver’s licenses and duplicate learner’s permits will go from $7 to $20.
• Temporary driver’s licenses and identification cards will go from $7 to $20.
• Change of address will go from $7 to $20.
• Duplicate registration cards will go from $7 to $20.
• A residential parking permit will go from $15 to $25 for seniors (anyone over the age of 65) and $35 (for all other registered drivers).