(Mark Humphrey / AP)

Jerry “The King” Lawler, the pro wrestler and broadcaster who suffered a heart attack during a broadcast Monday night, continues to remain in stable condition in the cardiac care unit of a Montreal hospital.

“His vital signs continue to be stable,” World Wrestling Entertainment said in an update on its website Wednesday evening.

“He is awake, recognizes family members and is communicating with them.”

His ex-wife and WWE diva Stacy Carter added in a no-news-is-good-news tweet: “Nothing 2 report on @JerryLawler other than he's making progress & resting. He has great docs & support. He'll pull thru this I know it!!!!”

New video: Jerry Lawler thanks fans

Lawler’s girlfriend, Lauryn McBride, texted WMC-TV’s Joe Birch in Memphis, where Lawler lives:

“(and fixed his hair — for everyone knows how he is about his hair — lol.) [sic] They are now taking lines out and he is looking so good today!!! We will go for a walk in just a bit and [do] some more breathing exercises. Will update as the day goes on.”

Lawler, McBride said, is sore from CPR.

“It's just the two of us here now, so we've had time to kinda talk about what's going on and where he's at…how much everybody back in Memphis and how much his family and everybody loves him and cares about him.”

Lawler, 62, was stricken Monday night as shocked viewers watched a “Raw” broadcast. “This is not part of tonight’s entertainment,” his broadcast partner, Michael Cole, said as viewers saw emergency medical personnel rush to his side. “This is a real-life situation.”

Resuscitation was begun immediately and Lawler’s son, Brian Christopher Lawler, said he was shocked seven times with a defibrillator. Carter said Tuesday that he had undergone balloon angioplasty to open an artery. Carter and Lawler’s son said Wednesday that scans showed that Lawler suffered no brain damage from oxygen depletion.

Follow us: @CindyBoren | @MattBrooksWP


Ex-wife, son say Lawler has no brain damage

Lawler collapses during broadcast