Check out a round-up from day one of NFL free agency
• The Washington Redksins agreed to terms with free agent and former New York Giants defensive lineman Barry Cofield. Cofield had a career year in 2010 for the Giants. It wasn’t immediately clear if he will play nose tackle or end for the Redskins’ 3-4 defense.The Redksins also signed WR Donte Stallworth, formerly of the Baltimore Ravens.
• The Dallas Cowboys continued to make roster moves one day after announcing they would clear salary cap space by releasing several veterans. A person with knowledge of the situation said the ‘Boys signed LT Doug Free to a four-year contract.
• Eagles quarterback Michael Vick lost his endorsement with Fuse Science Inc. after signing a competing endorsement deal with another company.
• Giants coach Tom Coughlin signed a contract extension which will keep the coach in New York through 2012.
• The Carolina Panthers agreed to terms with former Kansas City Chiefs defensive tackle Ron Edwards. ESPN reported the deal was worth more than $8 million over three years.
• The St. Louis Rams made a move to bolster their secondary by signing former Eagles safety Quintin Mikell.
• The Seattle Seahawks finalized contract terms with former Vikings QB Tavaris Jackson, according to an AP source.
• The Arizona Cardinals picked up a boatload of undrafted rookies — 21 thus far — while coach Ken Wisenhunt downplayed rumors of a quick resolution to the team’s quarterback search.
• The Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers agreed to terms of a five-year deal with place kicker Mason Crosby.
• Former Michigan State kicker Dave Rayner re-signed with the Detroit Lions.
• The Minnesota Vikings are reportedly in the final stages of negotiating a deal which would send Redskins QB Donovan McNabb to Minnesota in exchange for draft picks.
All that and more as our NFL free agency coverage continues on the Early Lead...