Prince Harry is among them, and last weekend at a Las Vegas party, the red-headed royal challenged the five-time gold medalist to a duel in the pool.
Their stroke of choice? The breaststroke. (Watch the video below the jump.)
“We were at the same pool party and his people came over to my table and said Prince Harry wants to meet you,” Lochte said during a Thursday morning interview on NBC’s “Today” show. “I took off my shirt and jumped in, and we started racing.”
Lochte said he and Harry went their separate ways before the latter’s billiards birthday suit escapade in a hotel suite.
The 28-year-old Lochte could be coming to the small screen later this year if ABC’s executives get their wish. The man who’s own mother claimed Lochte goes on one-night stands because “he’s not able to give fully to a relationship because he’s always on the go,” is in the running to become the next start of “The Bachelor.”
Last week on “The Tonight Show,” Lochte said he would consider doing the show only after discussing it with his family. Lochte is seeking at least $750,000 to do the show, according to a Radar Online report.
Lochte, who recently taped a cameo appearance for an upcoming episode of “90210,” has also been rumored to be a potential contestant for the next “Dancing with the Stars.”