Today, Ezra showed that bigger governments come with bigger people, explained why the Obama administration is open to raising the Medicare retirement age and talked to Larry Summers about what the economic crisis means for Keynesianism. Here’s what we missed:
1) Once the debt limit standoff ends, the next government shutdown fight will begin.
2) The historical precedent for “Super Congress.”
3) Treasury bill prices are actually rising.
4) Why Goodwin Liu’s nomination the California Supreme Court won’t put him on the fast track for the U.S. one.
5) We’ve all been playing Monopoly wrong.
Song of the Day: WU LYF’s “Cave Song.”