Today, Sarah looked into the costs of raising the Medicare retirement age, Brad explained why some states are recovering better than others, I summarized the nine best studies on the stimulus, and Ezra considered what an alternative stimulus could have looked like. Here’s what we missed:
1) No, government housing policy didn’t cause the crisis.
2) What policy levers does the Fed have left?
3) Not all tax expenditures are created equal.
4) Global warming could mean more wars.
5) The White House’s education reform outreach included multiple entreaties to Matt Damon.
Song of the Day: James Blake and Bon Iver’s “Fall Creek Boys Choir”