Today, Sarah explained what a drop in Medicare prescription drug premiums means, Ezra talked to Joe Gagnon about what the Fed should have done, Brad looked at how the housing market is hurting the recovery, and Suzy explained the most important Supreme Court case on health care you haven’t heard about. Here’s what we missed:
1) Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s appointment of Sens. Patty Murray, Max Baucus, and John Kerry to Supercommittee.
2) Rating municipal debt higher than federal debt is kind of bonkers.
3) How Europe deals with drug shortages.
4) S&P and Moody’s don’t measure the same thing in their ratings.
5) Jonathan Bernstein thinks liberals should step up the pressure on Obama - and the Fed.
Song of the Day: Dntel - “This Is The Dream of Evan and Chan.”