To get everyone in the spirit, we asked Kathy to tell us about her five favorite holiday events. Check out her list after the jump.
I love this time of year, which is why I’m happy every year to compile the Holiday Happenings guide for the Weekend section. There are so many fun things to do I can’t find time for them all. Here are five of my favorites – not easy to choose! – in no particular order:
1. The Washington Ballet’s “Nutcracker” – a Washington-themed version of the classic.
2. “A Christmas Carol” at Ford’s Theatre – another Washington tradition.
3. ZooLights – Festive, walkable and free!
4. U.S. Naval Academy Glee Club’s performance of Handel’s “Messiah” at the Naval Academy Chapel – If this doesn’t put you in the Christmas spirit, nothing will.
5. Mount Vernon by Candlelight – You can view George Washington’s home, decorated for the holidays, during the day, but then you’d miss the ambiance the candles provide.
Have more questions about where to take holiday visitors, see festive decorations or sip holiday cocktails? Join the Gurus at 1 p.m., or ask us in advance.