Facebook on Monday released its year in review, analyzing trends in the way the social network was used over the course of the year. The most frequent life events added were about new relationships, engagements or marriages. The new pope was the most talked about topic, though politics dominated the top 10. The social network’s scientists even crunched the numbers on where people were most likely to check in — a list reflective of some of America’s largest hubs of tourism. Most were stadiums and theme parks, but Times Square, a casino, and the Houston rodeo all made the cut as well.
Top check-ins in the United States
1. Disneyland & Disney California Adventure (Anaheim, Calif.)
2. Times Square (New York)
3. Epcot – Walt Disney World (Lake Buena Vista, Fla.)
4. Dodger Stadium (Los Angeles)
5. AT&T Park (San Francisco)
6. Rangers Ballpark (Arlington, Tex.)
7. Universal Studios Hollywood (Universal City, Calif.)
8. Fenway Park (Boston)
9. MGM Grand Hotel & Casino (Las Vegas)
10. Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo (Houston)
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this post incorrectly identified a photo of Disneyland.