Quarterback Kriss Proctor was back in the starting lineup for the Navy football team on Saturday two weeks after dislocating his left elbow. Proctor missed last week’s 56-14 loss to Notre Dame but was back at practice on Monday, when he said he would be ready to go by kickoff against Troy.

The initial prognosis after Proctor was injured in the second quarter of a 38-35 loss to East Carolina on Oct. 22 had the senior perhaps missing three weeks, but the first-year starter spent plenty of time getting treatment and rehabbing the joint.

That work contributed to Proctor returning to the field earlier than anticipated in what was the final game for this senior class at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.

Proctor came out for early warmups at roughly 1:45 p.m. and began jogging lightly with a football under his right arm. He then moved laterally near the middle of the field for several minutes before sitting at the 45-yard line closest to the Navy locker room and performing stretching exercises.

Proctor jogged to the locker room once he finished stretching and re-emerged approximately a half an hour later wearing an elbow pad under a blue sleeve covering three-quarters of his left arm. Proctor spent 10 minutes getting loose with other skill position players by the 20-yard line next to the Midshipmen benches.

Roughly 40 minutes before kickoff, Proctor began throwing intermediate passes down the middle of the field. His throws were on target, and he did not appear to be experiencing discomfort during any part of those drills. Proctor also ran through goal-line plays with the first-team offense.

Minutes before kickoff, Proctor came onto the field to be introduced with his fellow seniors and shortly thereafter sprinted to the sideline carrying an American flag.

With Proctor out last week, sophomore backup Trey Miller made the first start of his career. The week before, Miller nearly rallied Navy to an improbably victory against East Carolina, leading three touchdown drives in the second half that gave the Midshipmen a 35-31 lead midway through the fourth quarter.