The American labor market added 120,000 jobs in November, according to government data released Friday. So how many of them were created by small business owners?
• The CBIZ Small Business Employment Index increased by 0.35 percent through the month after falling 1.28 percent in October (index measures hiring trends among companies with 300 or fewer employees).
• The Intuit Small Business Index shows that small business employment increased 0.3 percent, matching the 0.3 percent increase in October (based on employment data from approximately 71,000 small business employers).
• The ADP National Employment Report indicates that small business hiring increased 0.22 percent after climbing 0.14 percent in October (based on payroll data of roughly 500,000 businesses).
• The NFIB Jobs Statement shows that employment increased by 0.12 worker per firm after falling an average of 0.1 employee per company in October (based on responses of 781 randomly sampled NFIB members).
• The SurePayroll Small Business Scorecard shows that small business hiring decreased to -3 percent, down from -2.9 percent in October (based on payroll data from tens of thousands of small businesses nationwide).