* Dave Weigel gets Mitt Romney’s camp to acknowledge that the “peacetime” remark was a “mistake.”
* Yes, Jay Carney was actually asked at today’s press briefing to respond to Fox’s nonsense about Obama not putting out a statement celebrating Easter.
* Sorry, a giant rabbit and egg hunt on the White House lawn just don’t count.
* Andy Kroll on the well-funded right wing network behind the national assault on labor rights.
* Obama reelection chief Jim Messina, who took a bit of heat from the left as a potential sellout, vows to let the grassroots run the whole show .
* Haley Barbour’s exit means there’s more room for Mitch Daniels or Mike Huckabee to emerge.
* ICYMI: Jonathan Bernstein cuts through the B.S.: Barbour gave it a shot, and flamed out.
* Millions shed hot tears upon hearing that they won’t get to hear Barbour’s big planned speech on race, after all.
* John Boehner was “disappointed” with Obama for finally drawing as aggressive a contrast with the GOP vision as Republicans have drawn with his vision for over two years now..
* Interesting read from Rick Perlstein on the normalization of political lying over the past three decades, and what Nixon’s plumbers and James O’Keefe have in common.
* And congrats to my friend Michael Tomasky, who is joining Newsweek and the Daily Beast. Great hire. I hear Tomasky will be a columnist for Newsweek and will write long features for the Beast. He’s leaving the Guardian officially at the end of this week.
What else is happening?