The Washington Post

GWU dorm evacuated due to gas leak

Authorities evacuated a dorm late Friday at George Washington University after a gas leak in a boiler room, D.C. fire officials said.

Ashton Hall, a 10-story building, in the 1100 block of New Hampshire Avenue NW was ventilated by firefighters after high readings of carbon monoxide were detected in boiler room near the roof about 10:30 p.m. No injuries were reported.

Clarence Williams is the night police reporter for The Washington Post and has spent the better part of 13 years standing next to crime scene tape, riding in police cars or waking officials in the middle of night to gather information about breaking news in and around Washington.

The Freddie Gray case

Please provide a valid email address.

You’re all set!

Campaign 2016 Email Updates

Please provide a valid email address.

You’re all set!

Get Zika news by email

Please provide a valid email address.

You’re all set!
Comments
Show Comments
Most Read

local

Success! Check your inbox for details.

See all newsletters

Close video player
Now Playing