In the year that Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg wed college sweetheart Priscilla Chan , there were surely some other sweet and simple VIP relationship milestones — but most seemed awfully complex:
• Blue Ivy Carter born to Jay-Z and Beyonce as a squad of trademark lawyers deployed to protect her name.
• David Petraeus and Paula Broadwell, who found that secret e-mails are crazy sexy — until they’re just crazy.
• CNN’s Dana Bash and John King separate — but continued working together on-air.
• NFL quarterback Jason Campbell and Jenny Montes call off wedding just hours before Caribbean ceremony.
• Kate Middleton forced to announce pregnancy early, after super-public bout of morning sickness.
• Katherine Kallinis forced to keep pregnancy secret until “D.C. Cupcakes” season premiere.
• Mary Cheney and Heather Poe have a groundbreaking GOP royalty gay wedding — and keep utterly quiet about it.
• Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman bafflingly split — the Al and Tipper of the sitcom world?
• Chris Cooley and Christy Oglevee Cooley bafflingly divorce — the Al and Tipper of the Redskins?
• Dinesh D’Souza loses job after trying to juggle new girlfriend, not-yet-ex-wife, while president of a Christian college.
• TomKat, the stunning schism of Hollywood corporate merger, suggests the relationship maybe wasn’t so fake after all.
The Reliable Source Year in Controversies